Temporarily, we are not meeting at the church site.
Wednesday Bible Study begins at 7:00.
Special Note about Wednesday Evening!
New Wednesday Evening Class!
The New Wednesday Bible study is “Releasing yourself from worry!!“ by Larry Smith.
Understanding and defeating Worry!
Just because everyone worries does not mean it is good for you!
(Luk 8:22) One day Jesus said to his disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So, they got into a boat and set out.
(Luk 8:23) As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger.
(Luk 8:24) The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm.
(Luk 8:25) “Where is your faith?” he asked his disciples. In fear and amazement, they asked one another, “Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him.”
Worry is defined as, to think about problems or unpleasant things that might happen in a way that makes you feel unhappy and frightened. Hopefully this lesson inspires you to not worry so that you may live the life of your dreams.
1. “Stop worrying about what can go wrong and get excited about what can go right.” Anonymous
2. “Worry is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a canal into which all other thoughts are drained.” Arthur Somers Roche
3. “Worrying doesn’t get you anywhere.” Van Wilder
4. “Worry, doubt, fear, and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground.” 5. The day you stop worrying will be the first day of your new life; anxiety takes you in circles, trust in God and become free.” 6. “A day of worry is more exhausting than a week of work.”
7. “Why worry? If you’ve done the very best you can, worrying won’t make it any better.”
8. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” Leo Buscaglia
9. “Worry less. Smile less. Listen carefully. Take responsibility. Accept what you can’t change. Embrace the lesson. Love your life.” Anonymous
Quotes and Antidotes
11. “Sometimes, worrying about the very best way keeps me from doing anything.” Dana K. White
12. “Start small, think big. Don’t worry about too many things at once. Take a handful of simple things to begin with, and then progress to more complex ones. Think about not just tomorrow but the future. Put a ding in the universe.” Steve Jobs
13. “Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don’t want.” 14. “Worrying is a waste of your life.” ATGW 15. “99% of the things you worry about don’t even happen.” Anonymous 16. “Live more worry less.” Anonymous
17. “Worry is not about the possible troubles of the future; for if they come, you are but anticipating and adding to their weight; and if they do not come, your worry is useless; and in either case, it is weak and in vain, and a distrust of God’s providence.” Hugh Blair
18. “Don’t worry about things you can’t control.” Anonymous
19. “Worry gives a small thing a big shadow.” Swedish Proverb
20. “The less you worry, the less complicated life becomes.” Anonymous
21. “There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.” Mahatma Gandhi
22. “Don’t worry we all make mistakes, so forget about the past and move on with life.” Anonymous
23. “Our fatigue is often caused not by work but by worry, frustration, and resentment.” Dale Carnegie
24. “Life becomes happy, delightful and enjoyable when you set yourself free from worries.” Anonymous
25. “Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned but just how it’s meant to be.” Anonymous
26. “What worries you masters you.” Anonymous 27. “Life is too short to worry about stupid things.” Anonymous
28. “If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.” E. Joseph Cossman 29. “Worry causes stress. Prayer causes peace. Worry less, pray more.” Anonymous
30. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime, you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fit it if you can but train yourself not to worry.” Mary Hemingway
31. “Worry implies that we don’t trust that God is big enough, powerful enough or loving enough to take care of what’s happening in our lives.” Francis Chan
32. “Relax, stay calm, don’t worry, be happy, and take action, you’ve got this, believe in yourself.”
33. “One day you’ll look back and realize that you worried too much about things that didn’t really matter.” Anonymous 34. “Action is worry’s worst enemy.” Proverb 35. “Sorrow looks back. Worry looks around. Faith looks up.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Prayers for Peace and Contentment (Psa 111:1) Praise the LORD. I will extol the LORD with all my heart in the council of the upright and in the assembly.
(Psa 111:2) Great are the works of the LORD; they are pondered by all who delight in them.
(Psa 111:3) Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever.
(Psa 111:4) He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and compassionate.
(Psa 111:5) He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever.
(Psa 111:6) He has shown his people the power of his works, giving them the lands of other nations.
(Psa 111:7) The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy.
(Psa 111:8) They are established forever and ever, enacted in faithfulness and uprightness.
(Psa 111:9) He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever– holy and awesome is his name.
(Psa 111:10) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have a good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.